Rocket League “Neo Tokyo” hits June 20.
Psyonix recently unveiled a new map forRocket League. The news update which was posted on their official website including a new trailer on their YouTube channel.
The new map, Neo Tokyo, features traditional neon lights, towering skyscrapers and a cyberpunk inspired art direction which will definitely give you some Akira vibes.
The cyberpunk-inspired stadium was originally part of our “Rocket Labs” Playlist as “Underpass,” but it has now been made even better with streamlined gameplay and highly-detailed environments! -PSYONIX
Neo Tokyo also includes new features such as:
- The beginning of “Season 3” for Competitive Playlists, which resets all skill ratings and rewards last season’s players with exclusive Rocket Trails that reflect their highest achieved ranks
- An expanded Item drop system that adds…
- More than 20 “Rare” and “Very Rare” Item types for online, post-game drops
- An easy-to-use “Trade In” system that allows players to exchange multiple Items of one rarity type for an even rarer one.
- New “Painted” Items that offer different color variations on existing Garage favorites like Toppers and Wheels
- Special “Certified” Items that track specific in-game stats and increase in prestige the higher those stats go
- New Quick-Chat customization options that expand player choices for fast, in-game communication
- New Post-Game celebrations that spotlight the winning team and allow them to jump, spin, and boost their car to show off their accomplishments
- “Pillars,” a new experimental Arena that separates the field into three lanes via two massive walls in the middle of the stadium
- Eight new Trophies and Achievements on all three platforms
- A new, in-game “Showroom” that allows players to view and purchase all previously-released and future premium DLC
Along with the new map, two new vehicles were also revealed, the “Esper” and the “Masamune”, and will be available first to owners of Rocket League Collection’s Edition on June 24 in Europe and July 5 in North America.
These vehicles will remain as timed exclusives for the retail release along with two other previously unveiled cars “Marauder” and “Aftershock”.
The four DLC cars will be available for digital purchase worldwide on July 18 for USD $1.99 per car